MASSAKA is a simplified joint-stock company, with a capital of 15 million CFA francs, created in April 2022. The company includes four branches of activity, including Agribusiness TV.
Agribusiness TV is media specialised on the agricultural and agri-food sectors in Africa. Launched in May 2016, Agribusiness TV has positioned itself as one of the key platforms for the promotion of African agriculture.
Agribusiness TV produces and publishes content, mainly online, with the aim of promoting a more attractive image of agriculture, encouraging the commitment and investment of young people and contributing to the structural transformation of the agricultural sector on the continent. From its headquarters in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, Agribusiness TV has pan-African ambitions. The media produces its content in two languages: French and English.
As part of the strengthening of Agribusiness TV’s intervention capacities, MASSAKA is recruiting an Editor-in-Chief.
- Duty station: Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso.
- Type of contract: Fixed-term contract under Burkinabe law for 24 months (renewable).
- Working languages: French / English.
Main duties and tasks
Duty 1: Ensure the implementation of the 2023 – 2025 editorial plan
- – Participate in the development of the new editorial plan 2023 – 2025;
- – Lead the implementation of the 2023 – 2025 editorial plan;
- – Collect and analyse performance indicators on a regular basis;
- – Propose adaptations according to performance;
- – Participate in internal reflections on editorial issues and strategic orientations;
- – Collect and analyse data on the needs of the media’s target audience;
- – Support the development of new content and formats.
Duty 2: Ensure the coordination of the editorial team
- – Manage the production staff and ensure recruitment for flexibility or periods of excess activity;
- – Maintain discipline within the team;
- – Moderate internal conflicts;
- – Ensuring harmonious relations within the editorial team, but also between the editorial team and other departments;
- – Managing, advising, supervising and evaluating the staff under his/her direct responsibility;
- – Informing, training on technical developments, transfer of skills and responsibilities, quality and safety requirements, etc;
- – Define staff training needs, organise and monitor planning.
Duty 3: Ensure the management of production and dissemination
- – Implement the activities and achieve the editorial and dissemination objectives of the project according to the editorial calendar;
- – Develop, implement, monitor and adjust monthly editorial calendars (production and dissemination);
- – Supervise the production and dissemination process;
- – Ensure the editorial quality of all content (quality control of interview guides, transcripts, scripts, videos, descriptive texts, etc.);
- – Ensure communication between the editorial team and other departments (audio-visual technicians, marketing, etc.);
- – Analyse failures, malfunctions and propose improvements;
- – Research and propose solutions to continuously improve productivity, creativity and production quality.
Duty 4: Support and feed the knowledge management process within the media
- – Contribute to the design of a standardised knowledge management process within the organisation;
- – Select and develop knowledge management tools;
- – Ensure the update and quality control of the knowledge base;
- – Promote and facilitate a learning culture within the organisation.
Duty 5: Participate in external training provided by Agribusiness TV
- – Ensure the orientation, supervision and validation of the experience of the trainees hosted by the editorial team;
- – Promote the expertise of the editorial team to Agribusiness TV’s partners/clients;
- – Facilitate training sessions for partners/clients.
Duty 6: Carry out the administrative tasks related to the position
- – Draft and sign official requests;
- – Organise production missions;
- – Facilitating the team’s travels and interventions in the field.
- – Have a particular interest for the agricultural and agri-food sectors in Africa;
- – Have a very good digital culture and competencies;
- – Be rigorous, creative and organised;
- – Have a strong general culture and a taste for reading and writing;
- – Have managerial capacity and a sense of teamwork;
- – Have a very good command of written and spoken French and, ideally, a command of written and spoken English;
- – Have a university degree, ideally a Master’s degree, in journalism, communication or human sciences, plus previous experience in journalism, preferably multimedia;
- – Be available from 1st April 2023.
Fill in the online form: https://bit.ly/3YH0op2
28th February 2023